Sunday, March 9, 2008

You speak, I speak

It was a nice summer afternoon and the wind was chilly. I could hardly open my eyes. Hadn't slept peacefully for months now. Another dream? Certainly not. Dreams serve a purpose. Good, weird, sad, bad, something. Another hypothetical, completely random, depressing scenario spun out of pure and divine boredom and insomnia? Scenario, yes. One of the thousand screwed-up ways that things could end up in.


During this complete ritual of coming up with a appropriate term of my pathetic state, I could hardly open my eyes. Something moved in the corner. I felt the presence of somebody else in the ..... well, where am I? For a moment I forgot about with whom, and concentrated on where. Frozen floors, chilly winds, Sound of dripping water. Not a clue.

"Take your time, I will wait."
Not her again.
"Why?"
"I just want to talk to you."
"I have been hearing that for a while now. Anything new?"


I kept my eyes shut. I did not want to get locked in those eyes again. I knew that I could not do that for long. Atleast she was sitting at a distance for now. To be safe, I decided to wake up from my slumber after another word from her.

She never spoke again.

1 comment: